Friday, January 14, 2011

"We Rap"

My Thursday was much better than my Tuesday.

My Tuesdays and Thursdays are about the same. I have a seven hour break between classes that day. Makes for a long day. I'm currently looking for a part time job to work during that time; you know, since I don't have enough jobs as it is. Plus side is it will give me something to do for those hours, and it will give me a steady income.

In the mean time I'm spending that time studying and doing homework. I tried to get a head with my science, and it was a fail. I couldn't even understand what the question was asking. Physical science is going to dominate my life this semester. I did get to meet my friend Matt for coffee, though, so it gave me a nice little break.

My final class for the week is music appreciation. We did the usual introduction and telling of ourselves, and she wanted us to talk about our musical background and what genre we listen to. Most people were talking about country and rock and some jazz. Then you get to the little white girl in the back of the room.

I say my name and what my major is. I tell them about Nashville and Lipscomb and the theatre ed stuff. A couple people were kind of excited about that. Then I get to my musical background and I was like, "Yea, I did the choir thing in high school. And my cousin and I mess around with rapping. We "rap" (I actually did the air quotes). We've kind of got a group, whatever." My professor seemed pretty excited about that. I guess she is starting to listen to a little rap. Then of course I told them I listen to mainly rap, hip-hop, and R&B, and that Michael Jackson was my favorite. To which my professor was like, "He died too soon. Too young." And I replied with, "Yea. I might have cried a little."

Luckily I don't get embarrassed easily.

This music class is going to be interesting. We started with Medieval music last night. Not a fan, but then again I guess the whole point of the class is to get an appreciation of different genres and the history of music. However, she didn't really lecture. She just read straight from the book. It's hard to pay attention that way. 

That was my Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment