Saturday, January 1, 2011

Neglection

So.....Bout this whole blogging thing.

I've not had a new post in a couple months. I've just had no time. I feel like I've not stopped moving for 4 months. Wednesday I did absolutely nothing, and it was marvelous.

It's a new year so I think tonight I will talk about this past year, and the things that are to come this year.

2010 was a year of frustration, goal setting, and accomplishment. I returned to college after taking three semesters off, and kicked ass doing it by getting a 4.0 my first semester back. Proving to myself that, with hard work, I can do anything I set my mind to. I finally decided what I want to be when I grow up, a high school theater teacher. I made the decision that I will attend Lipscomb University to obtain my bachelors degree, and I am working hard now to reach that goal.  I went through a frustrating, but much needed, growing period with my girls.  I finally got the opportunity to reconnect with my father's family.  I was Maid of Honor for Elyssa's wedding. G5.1 was founded. (Ha) I quit working for that misogynistic hypocrite. Sunny Bright Productions finally took off with me producing a senior video, a video for the Lawrence County Fair Queen Contest, and a video for the Mitchell High School Volleyball team. Also I photographed 2 Seniors, 2 engagements, and a wedding. And I became the SADD sponsor for Mitchell High School, taking the reins from my high school mentor. 2010 was a good year, a frustrating year, but a good one.

2011..... Rebecca and Melissa will be graduating from high school. Two girls that I love and have tried to be intentional with for four years, will be graduating high school and leaving. God has blessed me with the opportunity to see and be a part of their growth, and I'm eager to see what's next for them. Though, it is a really strange feeling to think about them leaving. I myself will be graduating from Ivy Tech this year with an Associates in Liberal Arts and a certificate of Graphic Design. Also this year I will be a bridesmaid in a wedding for a girl I roomed with at ISU. It's weird because I didn't expect us to get along as well as we did, but we did and now she is one of my best friends.

I have a lot of things to be proud of from 2010, and many things to look forward to for 2011.

Happy New Year, Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment