Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ahead of the Game

I've just spent, literally, the last 5 hours studying for my physical science test. I think my head is going to explode.

I hate science.

Last night I had my Graphic Design I class. I'm really enjoying it, and enjoying my professor. She really knows what she is talking about, and she is enthusiastic about it which makes me want to make more of an effort.

We are mostly working in Indesign. Right now we are going through the basics of the program, which I have to admit is super boring. I'm pretty comfortable in Indesign, but I think that has a lot to do with my Intro to Computer Graphics class.

The professor I had for that class did a really good job with creating the projects. Our final project was creating a booklet in Indesign. (Mine was about Michael Jackson, clearly.) That proved useful in my Typography class last semester when we had to make a booklet about typography, and since I didn't learn anything in that class it was nice to have already had experience in the program.

In the Intro class, I learned how to layout a design and manipulate text to flow with my design. So, shout out to Shelley Given for developing projects that helped prepare me for the rest of my graphic classes.

I'm learning more in depth the importance of text in a design and the different ways to manipulate it to make a coherent design. It's interesting.

So to wrap this up, go out and be creative readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment